Hello friends! I’ve missed you all. How have you guys been in my absence? I’ve been following along as much as I can, trying to stay updated with your lives. New adventures, travels, jobs, new babies! I hope you all have started the year happy and healthy and feel blessed beyond measure. I know I feel that way.
So, obviously I have been struggling to get back to the blog and write. It’s not for a lack of wanting to. But almost not knowing where to begin. Bits of time here and there just don’t flow well for writing. I start posts but never return to them. I need to come up with a game plan to set aside time to write. February resolution maybe? Anyway, you all deserve an update! We’ve been up to a lot in our neck of the woods. Here is a little update, in bullet form. More to come SOON, promise! xo
- K and I celebrated our 10th anniversary together in late November. 10 whole years. It’s been an amazing journey and we have been through so much together (understatement of the world). Happy to have gone through the good and bad times with my love…I seriously couldn’t imagine it any other way.
- Five words: i.met.with.my.mom (like, in person, after 5 years.) Loaded bullet there. Maybe I can delve deeper into that…..we will see. I’m surprisingly just fine.
- Lachlan turned 3 years old – at Disney! We took our first FAMILY vacation. Holy moly. 2 kiddos (16 months and 3 years), packed car. Driving from Virginia to Florida through the night. It was an adventure! 12 nights in Orlando and Tampa – theme parks, mini golf, days by the pool. It was much needed and brought us so much joy to see our boys just LAUGH, and PLAY and love every minute of the undivided attention. It was awesome. Lots of photos to come.
- The great debate: 2 kids or 3?? We haven’t come to a real decision yet. We have met with our donor to let him know we were talking about the possibility of a 3rd. He was willing to start the process again last month (as Cael is 16 months and we would want to start pretty soon if we’re going to do it for a final time), even being in a new committed relationship. I am aware of when I’m ovulating, etc….however, we are just not 100% sure yet. We’re allowing ourselves time to decide. Some days we’re very close to completing our family with 3 kids…other days, we see the great dynamic we have now, and we wonder if we should throw a wrench into it or not! We don’t feel pressure about it, we are just waiting to do what feels right for us both.
- Still nursing Cael and not sure when I’ll stop. I weaned Lachlan at 16 months, and Cael just turned 16 months with no nursing end in sight. I am hoping to follow his lead….maybe we’ll make it to 2 years!?
- I got my wisdom teeth removed – 4 impacted ones. The 3 healed up nicely. One dry socket = one very unhappy lady. Those things hurt like a biotch. 3 weeks later, it still hurts pretty darn bad. Oral surgeon packed it up well with medicated gauze and awful clove oil. Feeling a bit better (much better when not eating or drinking) with each passing day.
- K and I are going to do a 10k in 8 weeks! Yesterday was DAY 1 of training. Very excited to do this with her. I had taken a few months off from running…so definitely have to get back in the game again…but thrilled to have this goal and look forward to experiencing it TOGETHER!
- On a more serious note, Lachy recently developed a limp in his left leg (2 weeks ago). It came out of the blue. Our pediatrician saw us and then sent us to an orthopedic doctor. Thankfully, the x-ray was normal, however his bloodwork came back abnormal. We don’t know much. We have a follow up with the orthopedic doctor on Monday. They mentioned possible Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. A little nervous about the appointment. Positive thoughts welcome 🙂 Hoping there is a simple solution for our sweet man – and that it isn’t very serious. As a Mommy, it’s sure hard not to worry.
- Photos to come 🙂