Is anyone still reading??? Sorry it’s been so long friends. Life has kept me so busy, and I’ve intended to write – really. I had a list of things in my head and so wanted to write a post, then something would pull me away (or we would have no electricity…more details on that in bullets below), and it just seemed there was never enough time. And so, more and more things build to write about, and then it just seems so overwhelming. Where to begin? I must make more of an effort to write as I love you all and love being involved in this community. How do you guys stay motivated to write regularly when it seems there’s not a moment to breathe? I have just gotten Cael down for a nap, am between making lunch for the 2 and 3/4 year old and folding a massive stack of no-longer-warm laundry, but am going to use this time to post some things that have been going on in our family. Bullets are a must this time…
- Karli went to visit some extended family in Florida with her Dad and 2 brothers. I was a single parent for 5 days. Holy crap I missed her….
- Hurricane Irene hit us….thankfully no one was hurt and our home wasn’t badly damaged. BUT, we lost power on that Saturday at 1pm and didn’t get it back on until Wednesday evening. Five days and then four nights by candlelight with no A/C was not the most fun. We lost everything in the fridge and freezer and lost a chunk of our big tree in the back yard. We also had a section of the tree in our front yard fall on our roof. Not good. It hung on a power line and remained on our roof for until last Thursday……we have some damage to our roof, but nothing major. Very thankful for that!
- We decided to re-home our sweet great dane, Lucy. She is an amazing dog, but we felt like she was better suited to be the ONLY dog in a family. She wanted to be the only one getting the attention, and our beagles were really being affected by it. She was sweet as could be around the kids, but Lachlan wasn’t comfortable running around in the backyard because he could easily be knocked down or hit by her tail by accident. It was a hard decision to say the least…but one we knew was the best thing for her and us. We found a family that had just lost their great dane a year ago, and they have 4 children and no other pets. They just ADORE her and she is getting all the attention and love she could possible have. It was a perfect fit.
- We had The Lowers come visit and stay the night with Delaney, Julia & Charlotte. Lachlan loved them and we had a great time! Already looking forward to next year….
- K and I have finnnnally made a decision to go on vacation! Yes, we have never gone on vacation together….can you believe it?? We have been together for 10 years this November. Insane. We’re going big and going all out for our anniversary, Christmas, and Lachlan’s birthday. We have booked 12 nights (weeee! so excited even typing that) at a 5-star resort in Orlando Dec 23rd-Jan 4th. We will have Christmas in Orlando and celebrate Lachlan’s 3rd birthday at D.isney! We are staying in a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom with a heated private pool and huge resort pool with water slides. The resort has a mini-golf, 3 playgrounds, workout room and more. We can’t wait.
- I chopped my hair again after letting it grow out. Donated it to l.ocks of love, too, which was awesome. I’ve started trying to exercise more often too. Jogging a few nights a week when the kiddos go to bed early and trying (I stress TRYING) to eat less chocolate. I so love chocolate 😦 I’m about 20-25 lbs below my pre-preggo weight with Cael, so feeling pretty good about that. Would ideally like to lose another 10-15 pounds to reach my goal weight…but just taking it slow. This girl is never getting in a bikini, that’s for sure. Maybe some women don’t get stretch marks with 9+ lb babies?
- In just 9 days, Cael will be one year old. He is a sweet, chunky, 5 toothed ball of cuteness. He puts himself to bed every night and sleeps through the night (no nursing!). He has been an excellent teether and is generally pretty happy most of the time. His favourite things are E.LMO (in all forms) and the L.ittle C.ritter books. We have gone through 4 books with him….he carries them around everywhere and kisses L.ittle C.ritter on each page. It’s hilarious and absolutely adorable. I cannot believe he’s going to be a year old. The time just goes by much too quickly. I have cherished every moment watching him grow up this year. A little sad that I’m losing my baby though….
- We got Lachlan’s hair cut for the 2nd time professionally. Only this time he LOVED it. He is still obsessed with all things noisy and electric (and usually dangerous)….hairdryers, fans, vacuums, dog clippers, scissors, hair straighteners, drills, weedeaters, lawnmowers and the like…..SO, he loved that the hairdresser used the razor on the back of his hair AND the hairdryer. He loved it so much that the following night he decided to give HIMSELF a hair cut. That was nice. He used the dog clippers. As soon as I heard them buzzing I ran in….but it was too late. OH well….it’ll grow…….
- There’s much more, but the boys are drawing me away…..Some recent photos (including one of Lachlan’s hair PRE-DOG-CLIPPERS-CUT):