- Round ligament pain (right side on belly) is kicking my ass.
- Midwife appointment today went well. Baby is posterior now, but she is thinking he will move. Head is low in my pelvis. She explained that if he doesn’t move on his own, she can try to gently move him back. If he doesn’t move, labour will most likely be longer and more painful. She is estimating he is 7 to 7.5 lbs as of now. I was really surprised….I was thinking he was only around 6 or so right now! No wonder my back is sore!! But apparently that is pretty normal…..I am right on track to have a 9.5er again. Sigh. I was hoping for a little smaller, but I guess I just don’t make them that way.
- Nesting has begun. 2nd coat was painted on the kitchen and fireplace this AM.
- All the baby clothes will be washed this week, birth box will be completed (baby clothes and mama clothes labeled, as well as towels and sheets). Birthing playlist is done!
- K is getting the FJ cleaned this week and the new car seat is going in.
- Next week we get the birthing tub!
- Bassinet is in (with bedding) and set up next to our bed. It’s beautiful!
- Lach’s toddler bed came in and it was a piece of crap. Advertised like it was solid wood, and instead we opened it to find a cheap laminate over the whole thing. We’ve returned it and are trying to find something else we like SOON. Every modern toddler bed is so freaking expensive, and many of them only come in white or light wood. We are toying with the idea of a single bed.
- Not having much luck for toddler bedding. I can’t find my fabric for a reasonable price anywhere….
- My big boy is still coming in our bed for the last 1/2 of the night. It’s such a routine and he sleeps so well in his room for the chunk before he gets up, and then immediately again when he is put in our bed. I’m not stressing right now, and trying to be calm about the whole sleep situation. What will be, will be and we’ll work through it. Maybe a crying baby won’t wake up my 20 month old….? Maybe we can all sleep happily in one room for the last half of the night….?
- We keep talking to Lachlan about “baby brother”. He brings 2.0’s diapers up to my belly and holds them up to it. He also brings up the vacuum handle to my belly and explains (through mainly pointing, signing, etc) that he wants baby brother to vacuum. I have tried to explain that baby brother will be “so tiny” and “not a big boy like you”, “can’t walk”, etc. Not sure he understands this. He has “told” us that he wants baby brother’s car seat to be beside his, and also that baby brother will not like the bathtub. It’s very random things he does, but simply precious to watch.
- Not sure if I mentioned it, but we saw the proofs from the photoshoot and are in love with them. We’ve ordered a bunch of stuff and should get it in here soon. Can’t wait to post the cuteness.
- Toddler got ahold of my camera this morning. Here’s a few he took:
That’s a lot of belly, eh? I’m 35 weeks today…..feels like 40 though! 2 weeks until our safe date to have this babe at home. More than likely, this new little man will be here in around 5 weeks. Insane. I’m seeing our lovely midwife, N, every week now. Had Group B Strep test done yesterday. Waiting on results back. Weighed at appointment, and I’m still up exactly 22 lbs. I was surprised I didn’t gain any more from 2 weeks ago. 22 lbs lighter than this point in the last pregnancy. Also had first internal exam. Cervix is closed, but baby is LOW. He dropped quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. Talked quite awhile about the impending birth and what the recovery may be like with this one. Lach did quite the number on me exiting my body… no external tears, but a heck of an internal one. He came out with his hand by his face and nicked an artery. With the bleeder, stitching was pretty difficult, and I still have some internal pain from exposed nerves. Vitamin E has to be applied for the next 5 weeks to try to nourish the tissue. She is hoping I can ease up in the pushing stage and that by actually giving birth to 2.0, it will correct the problem of the exposed tissue. Here’s to hoping. A few things I’m thankful for/weird differences between preg#1 and preg#2: no carpal tunnel at all this pregnancy, no water retention issues = no cankles…..even in insane 105 degree heat. Still wearing my rings!
We’ve gotten 85% of the stuff for the birth – supplies (shower liners, pads, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, receiving blankets, towels, heating pad, etc.) Still need a new garden hose (to fill birthing tank), gro light (for jaundice for 2.0), high-protein meals for postpartum and a few more little things.
We sold our 2 bassinets months ago (why oh why!!!?), so we were in the market for another cute, but inexpensive bassinet/cradle. Just ordered this one with the bedding:
I love it, and it was only $150 with all the bedding. After he outgrows it, he’ll move to Lach’s crib.
Some new things with the boy. We ordered him a toddler bed! Should be here in a week or so. Hoping we can transition him from his crib/our bed to this one:Don’t worry, we’re not going with this bedding…if you can call it that! Working on getting him a handmade toddler bedding set. Just discovered J.oel D.ewberry fabrics. I’m in love. Check him out! Gorgeous stuff! Trying to get Lach’s bedding made with the discontinued “A.viary Collection” – Sparrows Almond – specifically……..
Totally love it. More to come on that. Oh, and we got him a R.adio F.lyer tricycle too. We can push him and steer it for now, and then remove that part when he’s ready to go on his own. SO cute and a steal for 45 bucks new! It’s his new fav.
Still waiting on the proofs from the photoshoot. We’re supposed to meet with the photographer tomorrow night to go over them. Can’t wait to see how they turned out.
On the house-front, we have repainted the fireplace and done one coat in the kitchen. Should be able to post some photos soon!! That’s all from 35-week-pregnant-land for now!
7 more to go? Sorry for bullets….but, alas, time is limited!! *Photo above from an afternoon of sprinkler fun!*
- Had 33 week midwife appointment yesterday. I’M UP 22 lbs so far. Baby boy 2.0 is measuring 33weeks at 33weeks….heartbeat was great and he is still head down! We filled out some of the birth certificate (sans baby’s first name as we are keeping that on the down-low). Group B strep test in 2 weeks.
- Went over the benefits of having different birth/labour affirmations for this 2nd pregnancy. Midwife N really believes in putting positive things out in the universe and genuinely thinks you will get what you ask for….so long as you ask for it. She encouraged me to phrase things the right way too…..”My body will create the perfect amount of space needed to birth my baby”, as opposed to, “I won’t tear”. Etc, etc. Not sure I’ll put up the affirmations, but I will definitely read and re-read them as my homebirth approaches….
- I feel like a vitamin junkie. Vitamins/Supplements I’m currently taking daily……2 softgels of U.ltimate O.mega DHA, 1 Vitamin D softgel, 1 prenatal vitamin, 800 IU vitamin E daily for vericose veins, 2.5 cups of raspberry leaf tea, W.ish G.arden’s Tastes Like Crap Vericosity Tonic (3 dropperfuls in water, 3 times daily).
- Going this weekend to get everything on the birthing supply list…..
- We bought the car seat! The exact same one as Lach had. B.ritax M.arathon C.owmooflage….works for 5-65 lbs….
- Called A.nthem and got everything straight for baby boy 2.0. We will save about 20 bucks adding him on to Lach’s policy, but it’s still a ton of money going out every month. Worth it, of course, because they both will have the best policy out there…but still makes me mad that we have to pay soooo freaking much for heathcare in this country. Missing the good ol’ O.H.I.P. and Canada’s social healthcare in general….but that is a whoooole other post. Just happy we got everything figured out paperwork-wise anyway. It’s going to be much easier the 2nd go-round.
- The house projects are nearing an end. We got a 50″ P.anasonic plasma tv and have it mounted on the wall….looks pretty sweet! We still need to paint the kitchen and put up one section of fence. Then, photos!!!!
- Trying to decide if we’re going to have a shower/party/something for baby boy 2.0. We didn’t have a traditional shower for Lach….just a party at a restaurant where we had it catered. We’d like to do something a little smaller this time-around….I just feel like we’re running out of time to get planning! I’ve set up an A.mazon registry because we do really need a few small items (and a couple bigger ones…..Example: *I borrowed my cousin’s breastpump with Lach, and she just had another baby….so I have to buy one now….*). Hoping friends and family will help us with those a little bit.
- I now have itty.bitty.baby.clothes hanging in the closet, along with packages of newborn diapers stacked above. Very strange.
- Had Lachlan’s full photoshoot with B.lissinRichmond last Monday. The photographer chose the location – an abandoned school….and I think some of the shots are going to be pretty awesome. Can’t wait to see them and will post as soon as I get something 🙂
- Lach doesn’t seem to be biting nearly as much. Thanks for all your comments and helpful advice. It seems to be working!
- Got another 20% off diapers coupon in the September issue of P.arents Mag. Very stoked. You cannot beat saving 50% off diapers. Is it weird that I am so excited about this??? It feels so good getting a deal!
- I think that’s all for now…..