Killer backache….crossing my fingers my back doesn’t go out today. Feeling ginormous. Compared 32 week belly shot with pregnancy #1 shots. My belly is looks close the 38 week photo with Lach. Please tell me it’s normal to be a little depressed about that. Surely I won’t go 2 weeks overdue with this one….
The boy has some teeth on him….and we are now struggling to get him to stop BITING….he has no desire to do it to other people, just us and the furniture, comforter, stuffed animals, etc. I know his teeth hurt and that is probably why he is doing it….but, it has to stop! He’ll be playing with us one second, then bites us the next. He still thinks it’s funny, even when we firmly say no and then ignore him. We’ve tried putting him in “time out”….which is pretty much impossible because he won’t stay in one place. I’ve put him in his crib, which seems to work, because I leave the room and he will cry for a little while, knowing he being left….but at the same time, I don’t want the crib to be a bad thing, you know?? We’ve told him that it hurts us, and that we don’t want to be around him if he bites. I always tell him that if his teeth are hurting him, he can bite/chew on his teething toys….and I also ask him if he needs “medicine” for his teeth (teething tablets) and he usually tells me he does. Do you have a toddler that has bitten before?? What has/hasn’t worked for you!?
If you guys have read my blog for some time, you’ll know that we use S.eventh Generation diapers. I LOVE them and and tell everyone how awesome they are (no chlorine or bleach, no harmful dyes or chemicals, no leaks! gentler on the environment, etc etc). Well, we use Subscribe & Save on A.mazon to get them. It’s much cheaper than buying them anywhere else online or in stores – you sign up for automatic shipments every 1, 3, or 6 months with no fee for enrolling and you can cancel anytime. Subscribing saves you 15%. Well, if you’re familiar with the program, you’ll know that right now they have a special of 30% off for Subscribe & Save members. So, if you get a box (4 packages) of S.eventh Generation diapers like us for regularly 33.99, minus 30%, that’s $23.79. Well, the deal gets better. I just about jumped for joy when I opened up this month’s P.arents magazine (free subscription too!) and saw a coupon code for 20% off diapers from A.mazon!!
Between pages 96 and 97 there’s an orange coupon with a user-specific code for 20% off diapers at A.mazon. Each code is good for one use, one customer, one unit of diapers. This code can be used with the 30% off subscribe and save A.mazon offer, bringing the diapers down even more (50% off regular price!). Our S.eventh Gen diapers dropped from the already low price of $23.79, to an incredibly low $16.99. That’s $4.25 per individual pack. I’ve been jumping for joy and had to share this awesome deal with you guys. It’s good for H.uggies, P.ampers and others types too….not just the more eco-brands. So, open up your magazine, or go buy one! It’s WELL worth it! Oh, did I mention it’s FREE 2-DAY shipping as well? Loves it. Here’s a simple how-to:
- Go to the A.mazon Subscribe & Save Store HERE.
- Choose your diapers and click “subscribe and save.” This will take 30% off your price.
- During checkout, enter the code from your Parents magazine. This will take an additional 20% off your price.
- If you don’t want to be automatically charged for the diapers each month (or 3 months, or 6 months) and have repeating shipments, remember to cancel before your next scheduled shipment.
Enjoy the savings and spread the word. Not sure how long the 30% deal is on with A.mazon, so I’d jump on it!
30 weeks is just days away and I’m sort of in disbelief. I’m in the last trimester. Holy crap! The last 1/4 of this journey is right around the corner and I am ready for it. Had my 29 week appointment this week and was happy to see my midwife again. She is always so lovely and caring….I truly can’t imagine us going through this journey again without her. I know I am in such experienced, capable and gentle hands, as is 2.0. It’s such a relief and something to be so thankful for. The stats from the appointment are as follows:
- Baby is weighing about 3 lbs and is HEAD DOWN! Woo! Granted, he can still flip around, but it made me happy to hear he’s getting prepared! Ha!
- I am up 18 lbs from pre-preggo weight. She is guessing I’ll gain another 10. I’m okay with that. Of course I feel as big as a house….but I weighed exactly 20 lbs lighter than I was at my 29 week appointment with Lachlan. Not complaining about that.
- Did the glucose test (a sugary fruit punch flavor this time) and results were great! Actually a little low on the spectrum….she’s predicting I’ll need mega protein post delivery.
- Went over the homebirth supply list (we have a majority of the stuff from Lach) and pre-registering at the local hospital.
- Got my R.hogham shot because I’m RH Negative and had antibody screening done.
- Jaundice will be even more of a concern with 2.0, as 2nd babies risk is higher with a RH negative mom and his blood type will most likely be A+. We’re crossing our fingers for a O- (like me) baby….then jaundice will not be an issue. With Lachlan, we had the grow light on him for several days….but our pedi still gave us grief and made our lives difficult. We are going to be extra prepared this go-round and midwife has suggested a bunch of things we can do to be on the defensive.
- Moved to 2 week MW appointments now.
I also was able to talk to our birthing assistant last night (she was there for Lach’s birth, and will be there for 2.0’s) and she was so full of wisdom and encouragement for me. It’s been a very very hot 100+ degrees here in Richmond, and she was letting me complain about it 🙂 She has given birth to 6 children, trains doulas all across the United States and has assisted in countless births. We talked for some time about finding the balance with 2 young kidlets. A new baby AND a needy toddler…..this is a little scary…..how do I find the time for them both??? How could I possibly love this 2nd boy as much as I love Lachlan? I can’t imagine how I will…..yet I know I will…does that make sense? I know it will be something I just have to figure out as I go (like it was with just ONE!). We talked about 2.0’s birth and my wishes (short labor, hoping I’ll like laboring in the water this time, etc) and fears (long labor, tearing, long long recovery, complications like I had post-delivery with Lach, etc). It helped talking to her and knowing that she was going to make every effort to be there for the birth. I want to be able to enjoy the birth with K, and not have K running around doing “things”…..so it will be good to know my MW and doula are handling everything on that end. Hopefully K will be able to just watch and support and leave the work to them.
As for Lach….he is now 18 months, has 7 teeth (with an 8th on the way), puts himself to sleep some nights in his own crib (who are you and what have you done with my child!?), loves eggs (even hardboiled egg whites!), black beans and KETCHUP! Despises fish and adores coffee – with cream and sugar of course! (oh boy!) And, he has given up his bottles of juice and whole milk and now drinks out of a sippy cup – hurray! Oh, and he loves eating ice cream. all.by.himself. Such a big boy. Did I mention he always makes a big boy mess too? Love this kid so much….