A few things…..
- We got Lachlan a retro stove/oven from p.ottery b.arn kids. Call it an early birthday present. He loves it! We went into the store over the weekend (ps. How cute is their stuff?? First time I’d been in there….) and he played with it almost the entire time we were in there. He is fascinated by turning all the knobs and opening and closing the doors.
- We thought we’d give g.d.iapers a try. I still adore 7th Gen, but secretly have been wanting to try these out since Lach was born. He’s wearing a medium cover with the flushable M/L inserts. I haven’t made the switch to cloth inserts yet….but I think it may not be too far off. At the least, maybe I’ll just try it out. So far I’m finding the g’s to be a bit of a PITA….but they do make for awfully cute bums, don’t they?
- We aren’t getting the house. I have mixed emotions about it, as I absolutely adored the place. But, ultimately we have decided that the moisture issues and repairs were going to be too much. At least 40,000. Yeah. That’s a lot of dough….so, we have made the choice to stay where we are. We do love our condo, and most of all are in the best elementary school district in the city. It’s the school we really want Lach to go to….so, we feel good about staying put.
- Lach has been signing “more” for maybe 2 months now, but in the last month can now sign “car”. It’s so cute. He also can say “Mama” and a has quite the babbling vocabulary.
- He is standing without holding on to anything for support. This is big, because most of the time he HAS to balance himself on my leg, a table, chair, etc etc. Lately he’s just been standing there for awhile without holding on to a single thing. I think he’s going to get walking soon, but I’m not rushing it. I still love his cute crawl (he keeps his right leg tucked up).
- He’s really getting into yogurt. New favourite: yo.baby banana!
- His love of E.lmo and C.ookie M.onster has turned into fear. Just in the last week. He cries because he wants us to turn them on for him, and then once they start talking, he’s a bawling mess of tears. We’ve been hiding Elmo in closet sometimes. This too shall pass, right?? He can’t be scared of them forever.
- I nursed in public this weekend (P.ottery B.arn kids). No b.oppy. It was a big deal for me as I NEVER do this. I always go out to the car to feed him. He’s just so wriggly doesn’t like to be covered by a blanket or anything. But, he was hungry, and I did it. It felt pretty good. I even had a very pregnant lady come up to me in the store (she was due in 3 days with her 3rd) and say “good for you!”. Like I said, big deal for me. Maybe not for some other women, but it was for me.
- We’re starting to think more about his birthday next month. At this point we are talking a small party (family and close friends). What have you guys done for your LO’s 1st bday? If you are preggo or TTC, what are your party thoughts/ideas?
- Thinking of the BIG birthday next month is a little crazy. How could my little baby be turning ONE????