I haven’t been meaning to neglect the blog so much lately, we’ve just been so busy it’s been hard to breathe. Bullets!
- Lach turned 10 months old a few days ago – still no teeth, and still not sleeping through the night. He’s trying to walk on his own, still not there yet though. He really is starting to enjoy walking with his walker though.
- Operation protein power is still in place. Some days are better than others. I’m trying to just relax about it and follow his signals. Nursing every 4 hours during the day……much more frequently through the night.
- I’m not ovulating. I’ve charted 2 cycles recently, and POAS, never getting the line even close to being dark enough. I’m reading this as my body needs a bit more time before trying for baby #2. Still going to chart, still will POAS next cycle just to see. Temping is just so darn hard when you’re up so many times in the night. My charts look nothing like they did pre-Lachlan. Again, trying to relax and know that this also will happen when it is MEANT to happen. Will come back to it next month to re-evaluate.
- The reason for the lack of blogging: We’ve been house-hunting. You remember we have been doing this for quite some time, right?? We found a place last year we really liked, but weren’t jazzed about the neighborhood. Well, we found a superb home last weekend and we put an offer on it. They countered and we accepted! Inspection is Thursday morning. The house is beautiful! 3 bedroom, 2 bath, built in 1923. So much character and charm. It even has a bamboo forest in the back yard! (Seriously!) It needs some work though – so we’re just trying to put a dollar figure on that. We want to put a new kitchen in, and replace the upstairs bath. New roof too. We’re crossing our fingers that the inspection doesn’t come back with too much $$$ in work to be done. Did I mention we are just in love with it?? I can see it as our forever home. Trying not to get too excited in case the inspection comes back with bad news. Sigh…we’d be crushed. Photos and more to come if it all works out.
- Working on the next LONG SLEEVE ONESIE OF THE MONTH. Christmas-themed and personalized with your babe’s name. Posting in the next few days. I want to ship them all out mid to late November through UPS, so I can guarantee your wee one’s can wear them for a while before the holidays. More to come on that though – so check back – and tell your friends. They will make oh-so-cute pre-Xmas gifts too.
- Some recent photos: