I’ve wanted to blog for a few days now…but every time I try to write a post, something else diverts my attention (namely, our constantly on-the-go 6 month old). I was going to write at length about the things that have happened since the last real post:
1. The hilarity of the professional photo shoot….peeing over the backdrops and so on…..the boy was a ham and we got some amazing photos that I loved so much I cried just looking at them. Posting them soon….
2. My trip to the ER – ultrasound and CT Scan…..verdict: Colitis! Ugh!!! 5 medications and told not to breastfeed for 2 weeks. (Pump and dump). I had dumped out my stash of frozen BM the week before….and hadn’t been building up a new stash. Cue tears. We got the midwife to research all meds and I was told I had the OK to continue BFing…….can you say RELIEVED?
3.The fact that not only does the boy pull himself everywhere on his tummy…but he CRAWLS…full out, insanely-fast-for-a-baby crawling! No more tipping over. He walks everywhere (while we hold his hands up) as well….
4. 6 Mos Well Baby Apt after waiting ONE AND A HALF HOURS to see our pedi (did I mention this was a SCHEDULED appointment??)…. The short story is that Lachlan was 17 lbs 11oz. and 29″ long. 90% for height, 50% for weight. Pedi told us that he is burning sooo much by all his crawling. He is go go go. She said (I swear I’m not bragging) that he is definitely at a 9 month and beyond level. Cool! She said he will be walking unassisted early…..
Anyway, back to the title of my post. Our boy is sick. I swear he picked something up at the pedi’s office after we waited so damn long. Did I also not mention that a mother brought her 7 month old daughter right up to Lachlan and failed to tell us that her child was sick until AFTER she allowed her to touch Lachlan?? UGHHH!!!
2 days ago Lachlan started feeling crappy….sleep was a challenge and he would start grabbing his ear – not in the “I’m-discovering-new-parts-of-my-body-and-this-is-so-much-fun!” way he had been before. He would scream when we moved him from sitting up to laying down and held his ear in pain. Yesterday he had a low grade fever as well, so we took him into the pediatricians office. No ear infection! I was sure that is what it was…but not so. She said it’s not his teeth either, but thinks it is just a cold or something. Not a whole lot of answers. He isn’t congested or anything….well, last night was awful (I nursed him about 10 times throughout the night) and no one got much sleep. Today his fever jumped up to 102.4. The infant T.ylenol has brough it down to 101.2 right now…..and so we wait and see if this thing just goes away on its own….which it most likely will. It’s just so hard to see your child in so much pain. He is miserable, clingy, tired…and just not himself. No crawling, walking or jumperoo will make him happy. Only being held in his beloved “mocha” (blankie) and being read Dr. S.euss. I know them all by heart now…..hand hand fingers thumb….one thumb one thumb drumming on a drum……I’m tired….but at least he is napping now. You just want your kid to be healthy and happy, and would do anything to make it better for them. Motherhood is hard.
Wow…..that was close! The “Dandelion Blowing In The Wind” onesie design won by just 3 votes!!! Thanks everyone for voting! We are excited to be offering this design to order on onesies, infant and toddler tees through the end of July. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with orders, as well as comments and feedback. I’d love to hear from you! Please include the following information in your email: the item you would like (onesie, infant tee or toddler tee), color (pink, blue or natural) and the address you’d like the item to be shipped to. Once I receive your email, I will email you back with my address to send payment to. Items usually get printed before I receive payment, so prompt payment is appreciated. Each item is $18 including shipping within the US. If you can provide me with a business address to ship to, that would help! If not, we can still ship to residential addresses. Sizes of garments are as follows…..
* Sizes available for ONESIES: 6m, 12m, 18m, 24m
* Sizes available for INFANT TEE: 6m, 12m, 18m, 24m
* Sizes available for TODDLER TEE: 2T, 3T, 4T
* Once payment is received, you can expect to receive your product within a week via UPS or USPS.
Thanks for voting guys! Again, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com with questions and comments – and check back in August for a new bunch of designs to vote on!
Lots of news since my last post. 1) Not-so-nice visit on July 4th to the ER (for me, not Lach), 2) the changes in the boy (holy smokes!), 3) pedi appointment 4) professional pictures of our lachness and much more…..but it is already the middle of the month and I have yet to give you guys onesies to VOTE on!!! Please take the time to vote for the following 3 onesies. The winner will be available for you to order on a onesie, t-shirt, etc through the end of July. We’re doing COLOR ON COLOR this month (for the first 2 designs), meaning if you got a pink onesie, the ink color would be a darker pink, if you got the natural onesie, the ink color would be a darker brown, if you got a blue onesie, the ink color would be a complimenting shade of blue. The third design is rainbow colors….every onesie would be slightly different…but they all look awesome! I’m so excited about these and can’t wait to see which one you guys choose!!! More updates on the Lachness and more to come this week as well. Thanks guys! Voting will end Thursday! The WINNER is available to order beginning FRIDAY! Still $18.00. Still ORGANIC. Includes shipping within the US. Thanks for the participation guys!!!!