Time has flown by yet again. I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve posted…..bad blogger. I’m keeping up with all of you but haven’t commented too much. I wish there was more time! AND….I’ve been meaning to try to update you all for days….but every time I think I can, he wakes up, or is hungry or so on and so on. Not a lot of free time to write, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. The boy is rapidly changing before our very eyes. Where did my little boy go?? 4 1/2 months and he just can’t get enough of life! Rolling both ways, “talking” away……The last few weeks we’ve noticed huge changes……
1. He knows his name. He turns his head at anyone who calls out “Lachlan”, and usually smiles.
2. He’s outgrown the b.jorn. We haven’t weighed him since his last pedi appt….but I’m guessing around 17.5 or so….the b.jorn was starting to hurt his chubby little legs, not to mention my back was killing me! Which brings me to number 3….
3. We ordered the K.elty K.ids 1.0 Frame Carrier (backpack) hoping that this would be the solution. He still likes to be “worn” most of the time, or held, etc, and LOVES being up high. We thought it would be the answer, but after getting it in (via A.mazon) and trying it on, even with adjusting we found it too heavy for us. And you know he’s only going to get heavier! The pack was great quality and has gotten rave reviews, but in the end, it wasn’t for us. SOOO, with much debate we decided to just get the E.rgo. I haven’t heard any bad things about this carrier….and it gives you the option of wearing your child on your back, hip or front. Takes the pressure off your back too and is supposed to distribute the weight evenly and put the bulk on your hips. We get it in today and I am oh so excited. My back is hurtin’!
4. He is grabbing at everything and then subsequently puts that thing in his mouth. Holding him in the grocery store was pretty funny…..he is trying to pull everything off the shelves. While sitting at O.Charley’s at lunch yesterday, he knocked over the salt, pepper and put the cardboard “specials” menu in his mouth. Oi Veh. We can’t take the child anywhere anymore! Kidding, kidding. Lesson learned….my purse is now full of kiddie toys to keep him entertained (and keep the salt and pepper where they belong).
5. He is in love with cell phones. Still diggin’ those ringtones.
6. We got him a B.umbo seat. (photo above) He won’t be in it very long with those roll-y legs, but he loves to sit up for a little while and has enjoyed discovering his toes!!! Wonderous…..they are squishy and tiny and have hard little toenails on them!!! His face is hilarious when he looks at them too…..like, “Wowwww! I love these things. Wait, why are they attached to me!?” He now holds his toes every time he is sitting up (car seat included).
7. He is out of our bed. Sad? A little. Not in his crib yet though (that’s downstairs and seems MIGHTY far away from us….). He is in his e.ddie b.auer bassinet completely now! He is still waking up 1-3 times per night to eat, but goes right back in the bassinet after he’s finished. When he wakes for the day (between 5-6:30am) he entertains himself for awhile by touching the fabric with his fingers. The bassinet is a little small for him now though…so we are going to have to switch to the BIGGER bassinet. Remember the old-school wicker one that K painted last summer? We should be moving that in to our room soon, and moving the other one out.
8. Just a month and a half until we introduce solids (I was very insistent on waiting until then because of possible allergies). We have gone back and forth on making our own baby food vs. buying organic pre-made stuff. I think we’ve settled on E.arth’s B.est O.rganic. It is a great deal at our local T.arget and will be much more convenient for us. I’ve heard that these days we should forget about the old “introduce veggies before fruit because if not they won’t eat the veggies…..” . Outdated? Not true? Thoughts???
9. Forgot to mention that he plays “hide and seek” with us now. It just may be the cutest thing ever. “Where’s Lachlan? I can’t find him” Then we turn to look directly at him, he smiles and then ducks his head into my shirt, or face down on the bed (while doing tummy time). He’s growing up SO fast.
I didn’t really mean this to be a bullet post. Maybe it doesn’t count because they’re numbered? Photos make everything better….yes….
tummy time on his rainforest mat….
not sure if this hat is gansta or golfer….