Update in bullets…because I can’t seem to find the time or energy to write full and proper sentences today.
- Lach’s original weight was 9lbs 3oz. He then dropped to 8lbs 6oz. In one week’s time he went from 8lbs 6oz to 9lbs 10oz! We gots a big boy folks. He loves to eat all.the.time.
- Last night was the hardest night so far. He got up every hour or hour and a half to eat or cry or want to be held. Did I mention that this is probably normal with a newborn, however, we have been spoiled. Sunday night he slept 7 hours through the night, Monday night he slept 6 hours. Life was gooood those nights. And now, my body is wondering what the heck is up with this no sleep thing!
- No sleep = me being more emotional. The tears come much more easily when I’m tired.
- Still healing down “there”. The stitches are starting to get really itchy, which is a good sign of healing. They should dissolve in a week or so, according to N. Booked the 6-week appointment with N for a month from now.
- I’ve lost 35 pounds since my last midwife appointment. I had gained a total of 38 in the pregnancy, so only 3 more to go till I’m back at my pre-preggo weight.
- His cord fell off over the weekend and he has an oh-so-cute belly button.
- I totally missed posting on his first bath, which was ADORABLE. He loved the warm water being poured over him and made the sweetest facial expressions. K got some great photos. One of the bath pictures below.
- We’re using S.eventh G.eneration diapers and loving them. No leaks, no blowouts yet. I’ll keep you posted.
- We were using M.ethod diaper cream, but his diaper rash started getting bad. We switched to something with 40% zinc oxide, instead of the 10% that M.ethod had. It seems to be improving – yay! His poor bum was so sore.
- We introduced the pacifer during Week 2. He doesn’t like to work for it to stay put in the beginning, but once he has it, he’s a happy camper.
- Our boy gets frustrated easily. When he is hungry he wants to be fed RIGHT AWAY. Cue high-pitched screaming. Mind you, sometimes I think he just likes to hear himself cry. His “coo’s” are high-pitched and hilarious, and he usually smiles after hearing himself.
- He is fascinated by lights. Sunlight streaming in from the windows. Our ceiling fan with the light on dim. He stares at them with wide-eyed wonder. Oh, and Karli’s hair. He loves her hair.
- He’s starting to smile a lot more. K said something to him and he immediately responded with a smile. One of my favourite moments thus far.
- He still smells sweet. Even after the bath.
- Breastfeeding seems to be getting a little easier. I’m learning more and more as the days pass. Question though, when I am nursing with one side, the other side leaks like crazy. I have been putting a receiving blanket under it so I don’t get soaked. I’ve tried pressing on that side to stop it, but no luck. Any suggestions?