Bullets again, sorry. We had a good appointment…we’ve graduated to appointments every 2 weeks now!
- Had glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. Drank “the drink” and had blood sugar level tested one hour later. Needed to be below 140 to pass….sugar level came up as 94!! Woo hoo!
- Found out Wee One is no longer breech!!! I guess he just likes to move around a lot! She says not to worry….
- Weighed in. I’ve gained 4 lbs in the last month for a grand total of 23 lbs gained in 28 weeks of pregnancy….
- Pee looked good
- Bloodwork good
- Called the “perfect pregnant lady” by midwife N….and that “whatever I was doing, please don’t change anything.” Please don’t jinx this N! I responded that “surely this must mean that I will have a ‘perfect labour and birth’ (preferably fast)”, in which she replied “oh, of course you will!” Then went on to say she is preparing me for a 3 day labour. 12 of it hardcore labour…..awesome….
- Given a “safe date” of November 25th. We can have the baby on that date or any date thereafter at home….doesn’t seem so far away now….
- Told N we were NOT circumcising, to which she replied, “Oh good.” I heart this woman.
- Asked her opinion of pediatricians in Richmond….we want someone close who will tolerate our decisions on vaccinating (we will do some vaccines and refuse others that we feel are unnecessary).
- Discussed birth supplies we’ll need for the home birth. We have to put all of this stuff in a big plastic storage container, aka “the birth box”. It’s really not that much …. is it? Shower liners, antibacterial soap, rubbing alcohol and q tips, hydrogen peroxide, blue ‘medical’ pads to keep birth area dry, 12 wash cloths, 4 to 6 towels, hospital-type pads for bleeding postpartum (heavy and light), heating pad to warm baby blankets and clothes, food for after the birth (high protein meal), energy drinks…..g.atorade, etc., crock pot to heat wash cloths, spare set of sheets, stuff for postpartum bath (cloves, salt, etc), ear syringe, flashlight with extra batteries, large black plastic bags, 6 to 8 cotton receiving blankets and set of baby clothes, large hand mirror, extra pillows, gown suitable for breastfeeding, thermometer, baby wipes, new garden hose, adapter to attach hose to faucet, ice bag, exercise/birth ball, massage oil, sour candy for labour and any other comfort items I can think of.
- It’s a lot to do….but do-able….I was fine up until the “small bowl for vomiting, squeeze bottle for use in cleaning and soothing postpartum trauma….large bowl for placenta……….the rest is a blur……I am stronger than the pain, I am stronger then the pain….
- Pretty much decided on the 150 gallon birthing tank….N has 7 of them to choose from….I told her I’d like K to be able to be in the tub with me…..
- Found out that N cannot put K’s name on the birth certificate because she is not “the father”. F*ck Virginia….pardon my language…but seriously. I miss Canada. America doesn’t feel so “land of the free” right now….this doesn’t feel like freedom at all. N was going to just try to “put it through”, but can’t do it legally, she said. If she got caught it would be serious problems for her…. K was visibly upset….which led to me crying on the bed. We will get through this, we will get through this……
- Did I mention I feel like there’s lots to do?? This baby will be here before we know it….