It’s back … in all its sweetness. The Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. Pure bliss. I look forward to this drink all year. If money grew on trees, I would have an addiction to this drink. I actually prefer it over food………and I LOVE food. At $4.05 a pop (for a “venti”…..a medium….. for all you folks that don’t speak the Starbucks lingo) it’s quite the indulgence. It really is such a treat, and makes for a very good way to start (or end) the workday. This drink always comes back in the Fall – stays for a few months – a crowd favourite for sure! PSL (as I like to call it)……….oh how I have missed you. Note to others: This latte pairs nicely with a pumpkin muffin (with cream cheese in the middle!). If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out!!! Grab one next time you go by a Starbucks….and let me know what you think. You will soon be joining me (and thousands of others) in a PSL Addiction Group. There is no known cure.
Other things I’m excited about this week:
1. Tuesday brought the release of Patricia Cornwell’s new Kay Scarpetta novel, “Book of the Dead”. I am SO excited to start reading this.
2. Work is busy, as always, but we aren’t running around like crazy people, barely able to catch a breath. It’s finally starting to slow a bit – which is a relief for both myself and K. The closer we get to Christmas, the more down-time we’ll have together.
3. I got a lovely Belkin Cushtop tonight. “A what?” you say??? Do read on…..My Macbook gets rather hot sometimes as it is resting on my lap, and this is a much needed relief for my burnt thighs. Okay, not BURNT, persay, but – the thighs can get mighty toasty. For those of you who have laptops – I give you an alternative to putting a pillow on your lap (you know that thing always moves around and slips out of place!). Here’s a short plug for this BELKIN product:
- Protects your lap from a hot laptop
- Uniquely designed for comfortable laptop use on the couch, bed, or floor
- Features high-quality, furniture-like upholstery (WASHABLE, I might add!)
- Provides convenient storage pocket for your power supply and mouse
- Comes with a Belkin Lifetime Warranty
Forgive me for this picture. I couldn’t find a picture of this with a Mac, or I surely would have posted it!! Sorry if this offends any DELL owners out there….alas, I am a Mac girl at heart.
4. We won a bidding “WAR” on eBay. We decided on nursery bedding AWHILE back…..and as you all know, we plan ahead. We were trying to find the best place to buy the stuff for the lowest price, and realized that it was eBay. We got the 6 piece bedding set for a great deal. We actually saved about 200 bucks (based on what we’d pay in the store). Glenna Jean has adorable sets!! Lynn, if you’re reading this, I saw awhile ago that you liked one of her colour schemes – I think it was Spa…….!! Anyway, here’s 2 different pictures of it (we got the bumper, crib sheet, crib skirt, quilt, diaper stacker & mobile). It’s beautiful shades of green, perfect for a boy OR girl:
5. Our youngest beagle, Olivia, learned how to “shake” this week. She doesn’t have the best attention-span for learning tricks…..it took her awhile to really even want to “sit”. BUT, I am proud of our baby….and I have to admit, she looks dang cute doing it too. I’m such a sucker for our pups!
6. It’s raining. We haven’t had rain for several months, and this is MUCH-NEEDED. Not to mention, with all the rain today, the weather is starting to cool down – making THIS GIRL very happy.